Monday, March 18, 2013

Poems from English 352: Spring 2013 edition

Every time I have the honor of teaching Forms of Poetry at my university, I run an in-class rondeau contest. Here is one of the winning poems from today's rondeau battle:


Lose Ourselves

We lose ourselves inside the night,
Understanding only from neon lights.
Communicating with bar room ghosts
Doesn't leave you white as a post.
An easy win, because you don't fight.

The light that shines from you is bright.
Yours is one that diminishes fright.
I know that you would not boast.
We lose ourselves.

I am trying to stay out of your sight
because to you, I am the blight.
I want to be with you the most
because your spell has me lost
And now I am unaware of what's right.
We lose ourselves.


Amanda O' Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment